Let's Start, Let's Play > Tutorial #1 > Photoscape




Hey people! I am here with my first tutorial on graphic designing for beginners. I am gonna start with some fun (yet unnecessary and I am not sure if that's gonna be any fun) talk about the stuff I am going to tell you about.

I joined IF in September, 2012. That time my main focus was writing fan fictions and reading written updates of television shows that I liked. Me being an ArSh fan started looking for their fanfictions and that's how I came to know about Sameera (sameera_12, she's a FF Graphicer). She always used these banners for every fiction of hers and every chapter of that fiction. She not only inspired me to write but also inspired me to design. Earlier designing to me was just make photographs look beautiful but it was months after joining IF that I decided to give equal preference to graphic designing. 




You know the first thing I did? I started using online image editors but it don't always give you the result you want, there is something amiss most of the times. So I googled some software's that I can download and the first thing that came up was Photoscape.

If graphic designing is all about magic then Photoscape is your Hogwarts letter. You can download it for free from here >> Click Here

As I said that I will start from the very basics that's why I am gonna start with giving you an intro about Photoscape and tell you about its features and some more stuff.

Photoscape offers a variety of features and tools for graphic designing. You can edit pictures, make non animated picspams, take screen shots, make GIFs and a few other things as well. I have described the basics about the features that Photoscape offers you. (Open in a new tab to enlarge)



Now let's get to what you have to do. What? You thought I was going to start telling you how to make stuff in the first tutorial? Nah! That will start from the second one, for now you will have a simple task to do.  Following are the steps:

Step 1 > Download Photoscape

Step 2 > Explore it on your own. Try doing whatever you want, use all those tool as you like.

Step 3 > Create a mess out of it. No, seriously. Pick an image of your choice and apply whatever filter you want and make a mess.

Now, is that ^^ hard? Nahi na! You see it is a fact that you learn it better by exploring it on your own. I may have knowledge but what matters more is experience. So I am giving time to explore the editor on your own and from next tutorial I will start telling you about other stuff.

So I will meet you next time with another tutorial or maybe I will post an update for my shop first. Till then bye!!

Comments

Popular Posts